Happy Mothers Day to all the Mommies and to be Mommies out there. Being a mother can be crazy-making sometimes. It can ruin all your financial planning. It can make you sleep/food /shopping deprived. It can zap your energy and your creativity. It can ruin your hair and your youthful glow. It can make you 70 kilos of awesomeness with a cupcake topper on the belly as a icing on cake. But believe me its still awesome.
- Always have an excuse for a messy house/uncooked dinner/ breakfast for dinner and vice versa
- It’s only after a child’s birth that you discover new hidden talents like watching movies on your laptop with the speakers turned on mute. And enjoying it as if you are watching a movie for the first time in your life.( Deprived mothers find happiness in everything, you see)
- You would have never been so excited for your own Birthday ever before becoming a mother. Kids love birthdays so much that they treat it like their own one’s and gets super excited even at the thought of bayoons… bayoon bayoon. And don’t worry you don't have to choose the Cake themes/candles/gifts ...they do it all on your behalf.
- You soon realize that you are not the only one who has cravings in the midnight as now there is an infant version of midnight cravings in the house as he/she refuses to get back to bed without multiple feedings and gets hunger pangs exactly at the time when you have just slept.
- Hugs and kisses become free for a lifetime( well atleast for some-time, untill they start trading it for material things like Cheeps, chocolate, bayooon , popipos and worst is Remote Control )
- You become proficient in doing at least four things at once. So your resume now gets a high weightage with added proficiencies like fast diaper changing, shop while holding a baby at one hand, eat while feeding the little one.
- You learn time-management skills like never before and make the best of his/her naps by watching Desperate Housewives/Grey’s Anatomy/or if you like the Saas- bahu soaps etc etc….you know what I mean.
- You will suddenly start respecting maids like Rupa bai/Padma bai and Amma’s or Aiyyas much more than ever before as they are the ladies with magical touch and are almost God sent Angels to keep a cranky kid in peace for sometime at least.
- Counting everything will be your new obsession and the little one’s are always right when they say it was TEN.
- There's always someone to fetch the remote control, blanket, cotton, nail-paint, receive a call when you are taking a bath.
- Win every argument with your husband by saying, "Yeah, but I gave birth and have gone through all the troubles keeping your baby on my bump , puking day and night”
- No need to own a mirror when you have a little mini-me who mimics your most horrific behaviors right before your eyes and always keeps an eye and ear on you. Mind it, Always !
- You learn ,unlearn and relearn each single day and tested on the grounds of patience, will power, inner strength and multi-tasking.
- There is always a little someone on whom you can experiment your culinary skills. And at least someone appreciates your expertise and finesse in the kitchen. It is so cool to try something new and have your child appreciate it.
- You get to Re-live your childhood -- but only the good parts , rest are the results of the curse by your mother that your child will be 10x more mischievous and rebellious than you are. (Take off that Curse mom)
- Wohooo its Friday, oh Wait I am a Mother ( so no more work on weekdays and tequila on weekends). All days are same and in fact weekends are more tiring because there would be two kids at home.* Sigh*
- You can develop a new family language as they talk about Aumm- Maaya , Paa-Paaya or asks for a bikkit and some bubbu, cheeeeps, Aaani.
- Getting used to be known as Rannveer's Mom / Abhiraj's Dad / Pari's Mother and so on and suddenly you get surprised if someone calls you by your own name ( Ahan you remember , I am Glad)
- Someone’s always happy to see you and you will be missed so much even when you just went to the washroom for biological needs.
- It feels so much better when Oprah says that *you are doing the toughest job in the world* ( atleast someone recognizes your worth and when its Oprah, its gotta be true)
White and Neon Anarkali Suit from Jomso.com
(You Remember we talked here and here about this wonderful online store where you can Buy Sarees online | Designer Sarees online | Designer Lehengas Online | Long Anarkali Dress )
Being a mom is the best! Don't let the tired, sleep deprived eyes or for that matter any of the above pointers suggest you any differently. That's just how we look sometimes and feel. And for Rest of the lives motherhood totally rocks.( And its comforting to know that one doesn't need to suffer alone )
Share your nerve-wracking, crazy-making stories and let me know your perks of being a mother in the comments below?